Editor without picking a layer

Jump to solution
07-06-2017 02:32 PM
NaciDilekli
Occasional Contributor

I have a single point layer (single symbol) in one map application that needs to be edited. I would like the user to be able to directly add features on the map, without clicking on the editor widget to select the layer. So, imagine a blank map with no tools, you click, fill in the attributes, and finish.

There is no setSelected() method under TemplatePicker (part of Editor), which would kind of facilitate that. I still want the user to fill the necessary attributes after clicking on the map.

Is that possible?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Naci,

The way I do this is to use the draw toolbar to add the point graphic to the map and set it's attributes to the required fields for the edited layer with null values. If I have the editor dijit added and started up (using layers-add-result event) then once I applyEdits to my layer using the new graphic, I can get the attribute inspector to come up for that new graphic.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Naci,

The way I do this is to use the draw toolbar to add the point graphic to the map and set it's attributes to the required fields for the edited layer with null values. If I have the editor dijit added and started up (using layers-add-result event) then once I applyEdits to my layer using the new graphic, I can get the attribute inspector to come up for that new graphic.

NaciDilekli
Occasional Contributor

That's a great idea. Thanks

0 Kudos