Select to view content in your preferred language

Labels disappearing in ArcGIS map in Power BI report

09-26-2023 03:00 AM
Labels (1)
Meena_Raj
Emerging Contributor

Hi Team,

I am using ArcGIS map to show orders based on city.I want to show order number as data labels when enabling the labelling part in map,it is disabled at times. Do we have any fix for this?

Thanks,

Meena

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Meena_Raj
Emerging Contributor

Even though I enable label  settings, it looses its settings after sometimes. Is it possible to fix this?

Meena_Raj_0-1695729490510.png

0 Kudos
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @Meena_Raj ,

Thanks for your question! That's an interesting one! The labels persist well on my end. Which layer did you enable labeling, Power BI data layer or ArcGIS reference layer?  Did you do any other workflows after you enable the labels? Have you tried to clear the cache? Is your Power BI Desktop the latest version?

0 Kudos
Meena_Raj
Emerging Contributor

Hi @NaZhang_Esri,

Thanks for your response. It is in ArcGIS reference layer. If you see below screenshot, toggle button next to  enable labels is automatically turned off. This happens when I close the report and open it again or sometimes if i do other activities in the same report and when I come back to map page , labelling gets turned off. I am using the latest Power BI version. Version: 2.121.903.0 64-bit (September 2023) . 

Please let me know how to clear cache.  

Meena_Raj_0-1695795272785.png

0 Kudos
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

HI @Meena_Raj ,

Thanks for the detailed info. To clear cache, please check this link:https://doc.arcgis.com/en/microsoft-365/latest/power-bi/clear-browser-local-storage.htm#:~:text=Clea....

I also tried to reproduce with the following steps:

1. Add an ArcGIS reference layer

2. Enable the label for ArcGIS reference layer

3. Add another page and add visuals and do some filtering 

4. Tab back to the original page and  check the ArcGIS layer label

5. Close the report and reopen and check the ArcGIS layer label

It works well on my end. Please let me know if there's any step missing or you have any questions. Thank you!

0 Kudos