Ability to save a widget style

02-03-2023 11:23 AM
Labels (2)
JoseBarrios1
Occasional Contributor III

Configuring custom setting  for each widget is one of the most time consuming task when building an Exp. Builder app. It will be great to have the ability to save a widget style so it can be quickly apply to other widget.

Here is a very simple example:  I created a style that I like for a button on my List widget. If I want to include the same button style on the same list I can simple copy and paste or duplicate the button. However, that approach does not work if I want to insert the same button on another list. Unless I'm missing something, you will have to set all the configuration again to match the same style. 

button.png

2 Comments
Richard_Purkis

@JoseBarrios1 I like the idea. Just worth mentioning if you duplicate the overarching list widget then the button configuration would be duplicated too.

JoseBarrios1

Great point Richard!. The other limitation is that if I like the style that I created and I wanted to used on another Exp.Bld.  app, the copy and paste won't work. I would rather just change the link and name if I have to,  than re-configuring the rest of the settings. We already have an "undo" button that is capturing some of the settings, it will be nice if we can save all that to a "favorite style"  or  "eyedropper" so we can use it again!