Select to view content in your preferred language

11.2 upgrade instant apps config won't come up

04-01-2024 12:39 PM
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hello - I just upgraded to 11.2 from 11.1 and now my Instant apps configuration page will not display instant app choices.  What can I do? 

My existing sidebar apps configured at 11.1 will not display the sidebar info panel and I cannot update them. The configuration choice from the app overview page just spins?

Any of you guys have any suggestions:

@MarceloMarques 

@JonEmch 

@Scott_Tansley 

@JakeSkinner 

@jcarlson 

Thanks-

David

0 Kudos
29 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi @ShelbyZelonisRoberson - I can tell you support escalated our case yesterday on this as multiple orgs are affected, so fingers crossed

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

What was the resolution? We're having the same problem. 

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

None so far @ThomasColson Support wants me to try and remove and then re-add the English language from portal admin with the idea being that upon an 'Add' our missing content may come back.  Although it seems straightforward from the help, I don't know what to expect in terms of downtime, interruptions, or behavior.

0 Kudos
RichardBowen1
New Contributor

I work with Tom and they are asking us to do the same thing, but making sure that we have good backups and potentially roll back to 10.9.1. We CAN NOT go there with the time spent upgrading! Our basemaps are also broken, btw. Please let us know how the English language "fix" goes.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Here are the results of my language try:

https://dnsname.scgov.net:7443/arcgis/portaladmin/system/content/languages/remove

Error

One or more requested language(s) cannot be removed as they are not yet configured, language=en.

{

"error" : {

"code" : 500,

"message" : "One or more requested language(s) cannot be removed as they are not yet configured, language=en. ",

"details" : null

}

}

And from an Add operation

https://dnsname.scgov.net:7443/arcgis/portaladmin/system/content/languages/add

Error

One or more requested language(s) are not supported, language=en.

Code: 500

{

"error" : {

"code" : 500,

"message" : "One or more requested language(s) are not supported, language=en. ",

"details" : null

}

}

From an Update External Content try:

{"status": "success"} – external content is enabled . . .

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I am happy to report that there is a solution to this!  In working with support last night we were able to perform certain queries and updates to certain tables contained in the the portal gwdb, all via the postgres command line interface. 

The updates will remove and then add languages, and upon completion of the workflow, the English language pack is fully available, thus enabling (for us) the Instant Apps template and config pages, as well as restoring Map Viewer Symbol symbol categories.  I cannot speak to a re-gain of the Esri Basemaps content as we did not lose that part first reported here

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-portal-questions/basemaps-unavailable-after-upgradin...

by @ShelbyZelonisRoberson 

I am not able to relay what we did exactly, but anyone affected by this should be able to work with their support analyst now to affect this repair.

Support cannot yet say whether the fix will be included as a patch for 11.2 now or as part of the 11.3 release (or both) - they just don't know yet.

@ThomasColson 

FYI the Instant App issue for the Sidebar app does still exist, where the 'Sidebar' has become a "Footer' and the Filter tool is non-functional, and some other css issues, so looking forward to 11.3 for this fix, @KellyHutchins 

0 Kudos
ShelbyZelonisRoberson
Occasional Contributor III

Wonderful! Thank you for the update @DavidColey ! Hopefully my support analyst can help me get this fixed soon.

0 Kudos
RichardBowen1
New Contributor

Thank you for the information. I will check with our analyst since they have not gotten back to us. I will report if this is a fix for basemaps too, as we lost ours.

0 Kudos
ShelbyZelonisRoberson
Occasional Contributor III

Keep me posted as to what they say please! I sent my analyst our portal logs last week, but haven't heard back since. Also have no basemaps (or map viewer symbology options!). 

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Ok guys - if they need to check with their respective teams, it might help if they had my case number, etc:

Case: 03592799

Analyst: Daniel M.

Me: David Coley, Sarasota County GIS

0 Kudos