Survey123 to Dashboard

06-14-2023 04:16 AM
Labels (1)
KatieSjolander
New Contributor

I have a Survey123 that was created and I am now trying to turn the results into a Dashboard. I am running into a problem of trying to get the answers from the same question to count as a value and be represented in a pie chart or gauge. Example of my Survey123:

Demographics on Subject:

1. Race? (Drop down to select from): White

2. Was there another Subject involved?

Yes/No (If YES is selected then another question comes up related to demographics of the person same as in question 1.

3. Race? (Drop down to select from): White

How do I get Dashboard to take both answers of "White" to count as 2 responses and be visually represented on a gauge or pie chart?

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

This is a great example of having to design your survey around your final product. I would add several hidden integrer questions in your survey, one question for each Race option. Each of these will have a calculation that will populate it based on the answers to the Race and 2nd Race questions in your survey. 

if(${race}='White' and ${race2}='White', '2', if(${race}='White' and ${race2}!='White', '1', if(${race}!='White' and ${race2}='White', '1', '0')))

Then in your dashboard, you would create your pie chart (or serial chart) using the Categories from Fields option. Select each of your hidden Race integers you just created. 

JenniferAcunto_0-1686746806407.png

For more tips and tricks for designing surveys around dashboards, check out Dashboards That Pop: Survey123

- Jen