Dashboard List Actions (Pan, Zoom, and Flash) Not Working Properly

Jump to solution
09-03-2021 11:28 AM
BriannaDavison
New Contributor II

Hi!

My Dashboard has two lists. Both lists filter data from two different layers in the same AGOL map. I configured the pan, zoom, and flash actions for both lists. For one list, I added a details element with a filter action. For the list that has actions for the map and details element, the list does not pan, zoom, or flash on the map. It does filter the details element. The other list works perfectly fine and the actions function properly. 

Things I tried:

- I tried creating a new list

- Removing the other list

- Removing the actions from the other list

- Changing the layer source of the list

- Turn on/off the layers visibility 

Anyone else encountered this problem? Any solutions? 

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The most common reason for this tends to be that the layer is being added from a MapService, as opposed to a FeatureService, and spatial functions don't work the same with those.

If that's the case, you can get around this by adding the individual layers from their service URL, complete with the layer index, i.e., /server/rest/services/some-folder/your-service/MapServer/0

Doing so, of course, prevents you from being able to access any custom symbology applied to the MapServer, but will treat the data the way you are expecting.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

7 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The most common reason for this tends to be that the layer is being added from a MapService, as opposed to a FeatureService, and spatial functions don't work the same with those.

If that's the case, you can get around this by adding the individual layers from their service URL, complete with the layer index, i.e., /server/rest/services/some-folder/your-service/MapServer/0

Doing so, of course, prevents you from being able to access any custom symbology applied to the MapServer, but will treat the data the way you are expecting.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
MichaelSnook
Occasional Contributor III

Running into this same issue but this was not the case previously.  Before I simply added a map (containing a map-image service) and was able to operate on the individual layers just fine -- clicking on a list item would successfully zoom to a feature in the map (from which the list was built in the first place).  Now, when I click a list item/feature, the map just goes blank.  

This seems like a flaw as the dashboard should be able to traverse to the correct map layer that the list was built upon...it really shouldn't matter if it's a standalone featurelayer or not.   It seems rather tedious to split up our on-premises Server Mapservice layers into separate featurelayers in AGO to accomplish this.  What's the point of adding a map to the dashboard then?  Just some thoughts.

Thanks.

Kevin_Haynes
New Contributor II

I'm having the same problem but I am using a feature service. I'm using portal 10.9.1. The feature service is my orgs service. I have a web map with only one point layer. I put the map in the dashboard and created a list. I make the action to zoom but when I click on the list all of them zoom to Null Island. 

KarinaLivingston
Occasional Contributor

I'm experiencing the same behavior in Portal when building my dashboard. I am also using a feature service. 

Amarz
by
Occasional Contributor II

Same boat as both @Kevin_Haynes & @KarinaLivingston, anyone found a correction for this. Also 10.9.1

Kevin_Haynes
New Contributor II

After working with ESRI it was determined there is a bug (10.9.1). I'm not sure if it's been fixed in 11.1. If a service was created using Arcmap and then moved into pro and overwritten, actions don't work on dashboards. Remaking the service from scratch using Pro will fix the problem and then your actions will work. 

GregKeith
Occasional Contributor III

This can also occur when layers are in different coordinate systems. I had a list source layer in Michigan GeoRef that wouldn't zoom. When changed to Web Mercator, matching the web map, it worked fine.