Exporting data from hosted feature services - Where are the buttons?

Jump to solution
09-24-2012 06:25 AM
DonBarker
Occasional Contributor
I'm working in AGOL for Orgs, paid subscription.  I created a hosted feature service from a CSV file.

Now  I am following the Help article for "Exporting data from hosted feature services".  It says:

Steps:
-- Click the name of your feature service to view its item details.
-- Find the Layers section of the page and click the small arrow icon next to the layer you want to export. Then choose the format you want to export.
-- Export to Shapefile exports a shapefile that you can save to disk.
-- Export to CSV file exports a comma-separated value file that you can save to disk.

There is no arrow icon.  Please see the attached screen shot.  Can you help me find this?

Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
You can add data to the map itself, or you can add an item to your My Content section and add it to the map from there.  What it looks like you may have done is added it to the map, rather than the My Content section.  If you add it to your content and then check the properties of the item, you'll be able to see the arrow.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
You're currently looking at a web map, not the actual feature service.  You can export data from a hosted feature service through the feature service properties, so under your content, click on the feature service to view it's properties.  You'll see the arrow that the help refers to. 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17922[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
DonBarker
Occasional Contributor
Jon,

Thanks for the reply.

But how do I get to the page you show?  There is no link in the Map Contents section (see my previous screenshot).  And the Description link is disabled in the layer item of the map itself (see my new screenshot below).

Thanks,
0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
You can add data to the map itself, or you can add an item to your My Content section and add it to the map from there.  What it looks like you may have done is added it to the map, rather than the My Content section.  If you add it to your content and then check the properties of the item, you'll be able to see the arrow.
0 Kudos
DonBarker
Occasional Contributor
Perfect.  Thanks.
0 Kudos