knisleyj

CreateDatabaseConnection odd behavior in 10.1

Discussion created by knisleyj on Sep 19, 2012
Latest reply on May 11, 2015 by vehalmla
I have a Python script that which creates a database connection using arcpy.CreateDatabaseConnection_management(), and while the connection is created it ignores the version that is passed in as a parameter. The version is valid and the function does not return an error. In order to verify that the parameters were being passed appropriately, I even went so far as to edit the method management.py to print the parameters immediately before it calls:
retval = convertArcObjectToPythonObject(gp.CreateDatabaseConnection_management(*gp_fixargs((out_folder_path, out_name, database_platform, instance, account_authentication, username, password, save_user_pass, database, schema, version_type, version, date), True)))

In my code, I call:
arcpy.CreateDatabaseConnection_management(folderName, fileName, "SQL_SERVER", instance, "OPERATING_SYSTEM_AUTH", None, None, "SAVE_USERNAME", dbName, None, "TRANSACTIONAL", "DBO.test", None)

print "Version now set to " + arcpy.Describe(folderName + "/" + fileName).connectionProperties.version

In the attached screenshot the variables have been printed out in management.py immediately before creating the connection.  Afterwards, you can see that while the version should be "DBO.test" it is instead "sde.DEFAULT".

How can I use Python to create a SQL Server database connection using Operating System authentication with a transactional version name?

Attachments

Outcomes