ArcGIS 101 Thumbnail's not updating on server

Jump to solution
08-17-2012 01:13 PM
harleypowers_parks
New Contributor III
is there a problem with the thumbnail generation on arcgis server 101?
Event the help documentation shows the black thumbnails.
minor issue, and might be just because this is the esri sample data.

attached is image from my installation:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17057[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
harleypowers_parks
New Contributor III
I did a search and just replaced with an appropriate thumbnail, before checking the actual flow... so my workaround is bit of a hack.

workaround:
copy <your new 200 x 133 px image> to c:\arcgisserver\config-store\services\<name of service>\esriinfo\thumbnail\thumbnail.png

you might need to, but check with esri, I notice late that the px size was larger, oops
- c:\arcgisserver\config-store\services\<name of service>\esriinfo\.JPEG

and here - c:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\<name of service>\extracted\esriinfo\thumbnail\thumbnail.png

it displays nice now... and if you don't like the default thumbnail that is generated, you can fix it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
harleypowers_parks
New Contributor III
I did a search and just replaced with an appropriate thumbnail, before checking the actual flow... so my workaround is bit of a hack.

workaround:
copy <your new 200 x 133 px image> to c:\arcgisserver\config-store\services\<name of service>\esriinfo\thumbnail\thumbnail.png

you might need to, but check with esri, I notice late that the px size was larger, oops
- c:\arcgisserver\config-store\services\<name of service>\esriinfo\.JPEG

and here - c:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\<name of service>\extracted\esriinfo\thumbnail\thumbnail.png

it displays nice now... and if you don't like the default thumbnail that is generated, you can fix it.
GBacon
by
Occasional Contributor

I'm still having to use this workaround when publishing to a 10.9.1 server. Did you ever find a way to get this working from ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos
MarcGraham
Occasional Contributor
That's a good workaround, but is there a way to make this happen automatically?

Surely someone at ESRI can chime in here?

Cheers, Marc
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Nice workaround

0 Kudos
GBacon
by
Occasional Contributor

logged as BUG-000154772 for me today.

0 Kudos