Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Server database connection problem...

07-29-2010 11:49 AM
JohnLewis
Emerging Contributor
I'm trying to create a geodata service in ArcGIS Server and Iget the following error messages:

[INDENT]"object instance creation failed on all SOC machines. Server Object instance creation failed on machine [servername]. Unable to init from...".[/INDENT]

My setup is:
[INDENT]Windows Server 2008 64-bit
Oracle 11.7.0.1 64-bit
ArcGIS Server for Java 9.3.1 64-bit[/INDENT]

I am using the current db schema that contains the dataset to setup the service, so I am not sure why the init fails.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am frustrated beyond words working with this server software.

John
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi John,

Please double check that the geodatabase or connection file you're using to help create the geodata service is in a location that is accessible to the server object container (SOC) account. This looks like it might be a permissions issue.

Publishing a geodata service directly

Publishing a geodata service with a map service

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
BrendanBladdickEsri
Esri Contributor

Hey Derek, if the ArcGIS Server account is a local account then would you need to create an identical local account with the same password on the client machine that has Catalog installed and grant access to that shared file path for the client machine identical username as arcsoc account on that permissions as well?

What is the protocol when you have a local account running ArcGIS Server and Catalog is on a different machine than ArcGIS Server?

0 Kudos
TrevorWeiland
Regular Contributor
I didn't think any version of ArcGIS Server (except SDE) was 64Bit.  If your oracle client is 64Bit and the application is 32Bit then the application can't talk to the oracle client.  Try using the 32Bit Oracle Client.
0 Kudos