Multiuser Editing With ArcGIS Server

06-27-2011 04:18 PM
UnivOmaha
New Contributor
We am running ArcGIS Server 10 and ArcSDE 10 (SQL server Express). I have installed all the service packs (1&2) for all ESRI products.

I have created a four child versions of default DBO version of GDB. I published 'default DBO version' using a map service (with feature access) and created a 'out of the box' Web Editing Application. Everything works fine till this point.

I can also publish a child version using a map service (with feature access). I can also change versions in ArcMap and edit each version. But when I try to create web editing application using this service, I get following error.

No layers have been configured for editing. 
Editing is only supported for data hosted in a multi-user workspace.   Please correct these errors before proceeding.

I have also not exceeded the maximum SDE connections, else it will not even publish the map service.

I am not sure what is causing the error.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
UNO
0 Kudos
2 Replies
UnivOmaha
New Contributor
I fixed the issue. It was issue with Pooling and selecting the appropriate editable version of the database.
0 Kudos
SteveS
by
New Contributor II
Hi,

Can anyone help me regarding the versioned editing in ArcGIS Server 10.0. I'm aware of the versioned editing workflow in ArcGIS Desktop/ArcSDE. What is the procedure for the same in ArcGIS Server...registering a feature class, reconcile, post, compress. Can you please let me know the procedure or sent me the weblink regarding versioned editing in ArcGIS Server 10.0.

Thanks,
Steve.
0 Kudos