Time Enabled Feature Layer with joined time values

Jump to solution
07-01-2014 10:17 AM
FilipKrál
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,
I need to publish a polygon feature layer and be able to symbolize the polygons based on a value measured in specific time. Values are measured at regular intervals, one measurement per polygon per time instance (month).

So I have a polygon feature layer with attributes like:
IDO, NAME 1, A Name 2, Another Name

and a table with some values measured in time like:
IDO, THETIME, VLU 1, 2014-01-01 00:00:00, 0.1  2, 2014-01-01 00:00:00, 0.3 1, 2014-01-02 00:00:00, 0.4 2, 2014-01-02 00:00:00, 0.3 1, 2014-01-03 00:00:00, 0.2 2, 2014-01-04 00:00:00, 0.1

In ArcMap, I joined my values table to my polygons layer (on IDO field) and opened the time slider. After a bit of hacking around the time ranges I got it to do what I needed - I can step through time month by month and the layer is symbolized by values measured in the selected month.

I need to publish this map document as a service (and consume it JS API), but when I analyze the map, I get a warning:
10066: Map is not time enabled and all the data in time enabled layers will draw by default.

The only way of time-enabling a map I found was via the time slider and I think my map surely is time enabled when I can step through time with time slider. I tried to ignore the warning and publish the map anyway, but the result certainly wasn't what I wanted (I was not able to get any features out of it over the rest API query interface).

Am I missing anything here? Is there another way to do this?

As a work around I was thinking about Publishing the polygons as a feature layer and coloring them in some other way, but the polygons have tons of vertices so am worried feature layer would be really slow.

I am using ArcGIS for Server 10.2.2

Filip.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FilipKrál
Hi again,
I have managed to publish it today after I re-built the map document from scratch and I indexed all the fields involved in the join and the time field. I am still not entirely convinced that missing indices were behind the strange behaviour but everything seems to work now.
Filip.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
FilipKrál
Hi again,
I have managed to publish it today after I re-built the map document from scratch and I indexed all the fields involved in the join and the time field. I am still not entirely convinced that missing indices were behind the strange behaviour but everything seems to work now.
Filip.
0 Kudos