Dynamic layer parameter and feature Dataset

Jump to solution
06-26-2014 08:11 AM
Enguerranddes_Vaux
New Contributor III
i'm trying to add a layer to a map but i have an issue in the datasource when i want to set the dataSourceName. I'm sure my dataset and DB is correctly registery. I can access to a feature class who aren't in a dataset but when i want to access to a feature class in a dataset it's not working.
error message :  "Unable to find the specified 'dataSourceName' in 'dataSource' for dynamic dataLayer"
Layer :
{ "id": 145, "source":{     "type":"dataLayer",     "dataSource":{         "type":"table",         "workspaceId":"DBTESTENG",         "dataSourceName":"COLLECTE.SEG_SEGMENT_GAZ"         }     } }

COLLECTE is my dataset and SEG_SEGMENT_GAZ my feature class. DBTESTENG is my workspace.
I'm using SQL Server Express 2012 with arcGIS 10.2.1
sorry for my English i'm french !
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor
Enguerrand,
As you know a Feature Dataset is just a logical group containing FeatureClasses etc. The name of the FeatureDataset a FeatureClass 'logically' lives in, is NOT a part of that FeatureClass's name.

Therefore, in your case, simply removing the FeatureDataset name from dataSrourceName should make it work.

If you really need to (sometime you probably have to) fully qualify the FeatureClass name in 'dataSoureName', then you do it the way it appears in ArcCatalog or ArcMap Catalog Window.

Hope this helps.

Tanu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor
Enguerrand,
As you know a Feature Dataset is just a logical group containing FeatureClasses etc. The name of the FeatureDataset a FeatureClass 'logically' lives in, is NOT a part of that FeatureClass's name.

Therefore, in your case, simply removing the FeatureDataset name from dataSrourceName should make it work.

If you really need to (sometime you probably have to) fully qualify the FeatureClass name in 'dataSoureName', then you do it the way it appears in ArcCatalog or ArcMap Catalog Window.

Hope this helps.

Tanu
0 Kudos
Enguerranddes_Vaux
New Contributor III
You have right but it was a DB mistake.
0 Kudos