Data interoperability tool - Problem with quick export

06-24-2014 06:20 AM
vassokosti
New Contributor
I have an exported File Geodatabase exported by CityEngine. The geometry of the featutes is Multipatch.
So I want to integrate with CityGML and I tried to use the DATA INTEROPERABILITY TOOL (ARCTOOLBOX) which provides quick export to GML.

The problem is that the export was completed with an exclamation mark: It cannot join tables with complex features classes. The features classes were read normally. (message in the log window)

The only conclusion we came up with is that there some problem with the Multipatch geometry.
What do you suggest to overcome the problem??
Is it possible to export our models in CE to some other 3D format geometry.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi

CityGML is likely to require special handling, it will have a custom profile, I will ask our 3D team to assist.

Regards
0 Kudos
ChristianDahmen
New Contributor

Hi,

In general It’s possible to create CityGML from Multipatch with Data Interoperability Extension. The thing is, that you have to make use of the CityGML writer instead of the GML writer. But by using only the Quick Export tool you will get some CityGML. I would strongly recommend to use an ETL tool (in your own ArcToolbox using Data Interoperability Extension) to create the export to CityGML. This is not straight forward, you have to set some CityGML specific attributes and properties to get ‘good’/ well-structured CityGML. If you like send me an email to c.dahmenATconterra.de and I'll send you a sample workspace (ETL tool).

Regards, Christian

0 Kudos