Select to view content in your preferred language

LOD work around

Jump to solution
06-12-2014 04:11 AM
ErikBlake
Frequent Contributor
Hello. Good morning. If anybody has an idea or a solution on how you get around the LOD of the base maps on AGOL. I need to be able to drill down further. Our water tech people need to be able to zoom-in pretty close at intersections where we have multiple valves. Any help would be greatly appreciated. They said they like using the Explorer app but if they can't zoom-in any closer they won't be able to use it. Thanks for any advice.
Erik
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulStephenson
Frequent Contributor
If you are working within an organizational account you can create a custom basemaps group and add your custom basemap(s) to it, then set that group as the basemap gallery. From there it should display in the default list of basemaps within your organization, and you can switch between it and other basemaps.

Paul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ErikBlake
Frequent Contributor
So as a quick follow up to my question. Looking at an older thread about this hindering issue. I tried one of the work arounds which was to add my service as "base map" that seemed to improve the zoom level. The problem that I am encountering is that when I switch to one of the base maps on AGOL I lose my original layer that I added as the base map. It disappears. Any help on this would be great
Erik
0 Kudos
PaulStephenson
Frequent Contributor
If you are working within an organizational account you can create a custom basemaps group and add your custom basemap(s) to it, then set that group as the basemap gallery. From there it should display in the default list of basemaps within your organization, and you can switch between it and other basemaps.

Paul
0 Kudos
ErikBlake
Frequent Contributor
Awesome. Thanks Paul.
0 Kudos