peterlen

Join two feature class tables using STIntersects problems.....  what am I missing?

Discussion created by peterlen on Jun 9, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 12, 2014 by seannakasone
Hello - We are using ArcGIS10 and I am using ArcObjects for Java to do some tasks (we have SDE sitting on top of Oracle).  I have two tables which each have a Polygon feature.  All I want to be able to do is return data from Table1 when the Table1.SHAPE intersects with the Table2.Shape and Table2.name like 'A%'.  There is no equivalent of Table2.name in Table1 which is why I need to do this join.  I have found two different ways to do the "intersect" statement in the WHERE clause:

1) select count(*) from Table1 t1, table2 t2 where t1.Shape.STIntersects(t2.Shape) = 1 and t2.name like 'A%';
- This gives me an ORA-00904: "T1"."SHAPE"."STINTERSECTS": invalid identifier error.

2) select count(*) from Table1 t1, table2 t2 where sde.st_intersects(t1.Shape, t2.Shape) =1 and t2.name like 'A%';
- This gives me the error:
   ORA-29902: error in executing ODCIIndexStart() routine
   ORA-28595: Extproc agent : Invalid DLL Path
   ORA-06512: at "SDE.ST_GEOMETRY_SHAPELIB_PKG", line 788

I ran both of these statements in my SQL Developer where I have full access to the tables listed as well as in my java application that uses ArcObjects, again with full access to those tables.  I don't have any problems doing other queries on these tables when only one is used in the query.

I didn't think that this was going to be that difficult, but ....

Any clues about what I am missing?

Thanks - Peter

Outcomes