Generate Flow Path Tool

04-16-2014 01:54 PM
Labels (1)
AmirNajian
New Contributor
Hi,

I'm trying to extract flow paths from a DEM using the Generate Flow Path tool in ArcHydro Tools>Point Characterization. I have generated all required input datasets using Basic Combined Terrain Processing Model Builder in ArcHydro Tools>Terrain Processing Worflows. The error I receive when I run this tool says "DrainID does not exist for DrainageLine!". I think I'm missing steps on the watershed analysis part, but I can't figure out what it is and which tools to use.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
The Generate Flow Path tool right sidebar help includes text stating, "The connectivity is established by using the HydroID/NextDownID attributes in  the drainageline features." Look a the drainage line features and see if the have values in the HydroID and NextDownID.
0 Kudos
AmirNajian
New Contributor
Thanks Mark for your reply. I checked DrainageLine feature class and both HydroID and NextDownID fields are populated. I still can't get results from the tool. I actually want to extract the natural flood/flow/stream lines (not sure about the correct terminology) from my DEM. So I was wondering if I'm on the right track to use Generate Flow Path tool for this purpose or there are easier and simpler ways I can get the same results. I appreciate if you would inform me on this.

Thanks again,
Amir
0 Kudos