Select to view content in your preferred language

View Layer in ArcGIS Rest Service

04-07-2014 10:15 AM
AshakaThakore1
Emerging Contributor
I have a point-featureclass - myfeatclass and a table -mytable ... 
The relationship between myfeatclass and mytable is one-to-many.. i.e. for each point in myfeatclass, there are multiple rows in mytable...
I created a sde-view-layer - mysdeview using sdetable command by joining myfeatclass and mytable .. .

sdetable -o create_view -T mysdeview -t myfeatclass,mytable -c myfeatclass.col1,mytable.col1 -a featclass_col1,table_col1 -w  myfeatclass.col1=mytable.col1(+) -i sde:Oracle11g -u myuser -p mypwd@myserver

I published mysdeview on arcgisserver.. I consume it in arcgisonline... When i click to identify those points, it only brings one record.. Since there are multiple rows in mytable for each point in myfeatclass, it should show multiple items in identifywindow... Can somebody help

thanks so much
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
THe popup window in ArcGIS Online doesn't support related records currently. This is a project we're actively working on, but no release date set at this time.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
DavidJenkins
Regular Contributor

I am posting here because the original post is closest I could find to my problem.

I too have created a SQL view (with objectid and shape columns) with a goal of publishing it on my server and using ArcGIS Online, view the points and see the related information.

Using ArcMap, I added my view (recognized as a feature class) and related several tables to the view.  All relationships are one-to-one (for now).  I could not use a relationship class in the database because it's a view so I related it in my map document.

I published the service without any problem (MapServer not FeatureServer) and tested it by adding the service to an empty ArcMap document.  I was able to successfully identify individual points of the service and see the related (1:1) information as expected.  Now on to ArcGIS Online...

I am able to add the service and enable popups.  I can identify the points and see the immediate data of the point.  I click "Show Related Records" and it prompts me to choose which related table I would like to see the results for; so far so good.  However, upon selecting one of the related tables, it generates the display table at the bottom of the map to show my results even though the header on the table indicates (1 feature, 0 selected), it populates the table with ALL of the related table's contents.  It appears that ArcGIS Online thinks the relationship is one-to-many but it's not.  It does not even select the one record that is related.  At least if it did that, I could look the other way and work around it for the time.

I've tried this a couple of different ways including changing relationship identifier and such but I always get the same results.  I think this is a bug.

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

David,

Is your service public? Can you share the URL to it so we can investigate the issue?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
DavidJenkins
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately it is not.  As a company policy we do not publish externally.  I'm probably going to open a support ticket and work directly with technical support.  That way we could maybe share screens or something.  I'll post any resolution we find here later.

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

If you have a one-to-one relationship, you can show the attributes of the related records in the popup directly, without having to "show related records in a table". Does this work for you? Configure the popup and in the list of attributes you'll see the related attributes.

Mike

0 Kudos
DavidJenkins
Regular Contributor

Yeah, I didn't see that before but I do see the additional related attributes in the Configure Attributes dialog.  However, I check them (turn them on) and click on a point to invoke the popup and the related attributes are empty.  I'm following along with the service in ArcMap and I'm getting different results.

The behavior I'm getting reinforces the idea that in ArcGIS Online, it believes the relationship is not one-to-one though I have verified that it is.  Both my primary and foreign keys are unique.

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Without access to the service, it will be hard to track this down. What version of ArcGIS Server are you running? Do you have google chrome? Perhaps, just before you click "show related records" press Ctrl-Shift i to display the chrome developer tools. Click the Network tab and see what error messages you can see. I think the request may be timing out for some reason.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
AshakaThakore1
Emerging Contributor
where can i check its status? Thanks so much
0 Kudos