Deployment package for 32 bits AND 64 bits with Deployment Builder

Jump to solution
04-01-2014 12:17 PM
Labels (1)
Cristian_Galindo
Occasional Contributor III
DEAR PEOPLE FROM THE FUTURE: Here's what we've figured out so far???

In the ArcGIS Runtime Deployment Builder for version 10.1.1 I was able to build a folder for deployments in 32 bits and 64 bits.
in the version for 10.2 is only possible either for 32 bits or 64 bits, not for both.

If I want to make a deployment, but i'm not sure the architecture of the client, How could I build a deployment package for my client?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

Based on feedback we from the 10.1.1 release we made the deployment builder 32-bit or 64-bit -only in order to reduce the size of the resulting deployments. We are considering a re-design of the deployment experience for the new .NET SDK and your feedback is appreciated.

To create a deployment with both architectures, you could:

#. Create a 32-bit deployment e.g. "x86Deployment"
#. Create a 64-bit deployment e.g. "x64Deployment"
#. Create a new folder e.g. "MultiArchitectureDeployment"
#. Copy the arcgisruntime10.2.2 folder from "x86Deployment" to "MultiArchitectureDeployment".
#. Copy the Client64 and LocalServer64 folders from "x64Deployment\arcgisruntime10.2.2" to "MultiArchitectureDeployment\arcgisruntime10.2.2".
#. The "MultiArchitectureDeployment\arcgisruntime10.2.2" folder will then contain the Client32, Client64, LocalServer32, LocalServer64 and Resources folders.

Note the deployment tool can be run via the command line:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS SDKs\WPF10.2.2\tools\DeploymentTool.exe" /c C:\RuntimeConfigurations\MyRuntimeDeployment.config /t C:\RuntimeDeployments

Therefore process could easily be scripted if you would to construct a workflow.

Cheers

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

Based on feedback we from the 10.1.1 release we made the deployment builder 32-bit or 64-bit -only in order to reduce the size of the resulting deployments. We are considering a re-design of the deployment experience for the new .NET SDK and your feedback is appreciated.

To create a deployment with both architectures, you could:

#. Create a 32-bit deployment e.g. "x86Deployment"
#. Create a 64-bit deployment e.g. "x64Deployment"
#. Create a new folder e.g. "MultiArchitectureDeployment"
#. Copy the arcgisruntime10.2.2 folder from "x86Deployment" to "MultiArchitectureDeployment".
#. Copy the Client64 and LocalServer64 folders from "x64Deployment\arcgisruntime10.2.2" to "MultiArchitectureDeployment\arcgisruntime10.2.2".
#. The "MultiArchitectureDeployment\arcgisruntime10.2.2" folder will then contain the Client32, Client64, LocalServer32, LocalServer64 and Resources folders.

Note the deployment tool can be run via the command line:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS SDKs\WPF10.2.2\tools\DeploymentTool.exe" /c C:\RuntimeConfigurations\MyRuntimeDeployment.config /t C:\RuntimeDeployments

Therefore process could easily be scripted if you would to construct a workflow.

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos