Remove 10.0 .NET SOE from machine with 10.2 server

03-19-2014 08:07 AM
FilipKrál
Occasional Contributor III
Hello,
We have a server that has been upgraded from 10.0 to 10.2 but one server object extension was not removed before unistalling 10.0.

Is it possible to un-register this server object extension (a single .dll) now that we are on 10.2?

I tried running the following in cmd.exe:
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcGIS\bin\ESRIRegAsm.exe�?� /u "C:\WatershedSOE.Manager.dll"

but I get a message complaining about missing dependencies:

Unregistration failes. Could not load file or assembly 'file:///c:\watershedsoe.manager.dll' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Any, hints welcome.
Filip.

(Sorry for duplicating, originally I posted similar question into a thread about Java server and I realized most people who could answer it won't see it there.)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
What happens if you open a CMD prompt using "Run As Administrator" using either of the following?

cd c:\windows\system32
regsvr32 -u C:\WatershedSOE.Manager.dll

cd c:\windows\SysWOW64
regsvr32 -u C:\WatershedSOE.Manager.dll

Also, have you already upgraded ArcGIS Desktop to 10.2?
0 Kudos
FilipKrál
Occasional Contributor III
Hi, thanks for your reply; unfortunately in both cases I get:

The module "c:\WatershedSOE.Manager.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllUnregisterServer was not found. Make sure that "c:\WatershedSOE.Manager.dll" is a valid dll or OCX file and then try again.

I found three entries that have 'WatershedSOE' in them in the registry, each with a CLSID entry underneath:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\WatershedSOE.WatershedSOE
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\WatershedSOE.ArcCatalog.WatershedPropertyPage
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\WatershedSOE.ArcCatalog.PropertyForm

Does it make sense to remove these manually or will it just create more problems?
Filip.
0 Kudos
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
Manually editing your registry settings should be done with extreme care and not before taking a backup.  In most cases, I wouldn't recommend editing the registry unless you are absolutely positive there will be no negative downstream effects. 

When you tried unregistering with the ESRIRegAsm.exe application, was it a 10.0 or a 10.2 ESRIRegAsm.exe executable?  If the registration was initially performed with a 10.0 executable, then perhaps the unregistration process must be performed with the same version.  That is the reason I asked earlier if you had upgraded your desktop software from 10.0 to 10.2 yet.

EDIT: Can you try this real quick?  regasm c:\WatershedSOE.Manager.dll /u
The regasm.file can be found under the .NET framework directories; for example: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319.  Try the command above using the regasm.exe under a 4.0 and a 2.0 .NET folder.
0 Kudos