How do i query layers using the ESRI ArcGIS IOS4 App from the Apple App Store?

07-15-2010 12:06 PM
davidwray
New Contributor II
is it possible to query layers using the out of the box app from the apple app store? What is the best way to do this?
0 Kudos
13 Replies
TimFunderburg
New Contributor
I have the same question....anyone have a solid answer to this?

Thanks,
Tim
0 Kudos
PaulLohr
Occasional Contributor III
If you use explorer.arcgis.com to build your map, you can build queries. Towards the top center of ArcGIS Explorer Online, click on Queries, then in the pane that appears click on New Query. The queries that are saved with the map will show up in ArcGIS for iOS when the same map is opened.
0 Kudos
GarimaVyas
New Contributor
Please open your map with arcgis explorer online to setup the query:
http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisexplorer/help/index.html#//015600000042000000
0 Kudos
GarimaVyas
New Contributor
oops... Paul beat me to it 🙂
0 Kudos
AntónioMarques
New Contributor II
Hello!

But this means that we can only use predefined queries in ArcGIS for iOS application? There is no way of within the out of the box application, built a feature query by defining in real time which field or  expression we want to use in our search?

Thanks!
António
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
No, building query tools are available only in the map authoring tools arcgis.com and explorer.arcgis.com.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
AntónioMarques
New Contributor II
No, building query tools are available only in the map authoring tools arcgis.com and explorer.arcgis.com.

Regards,
Nimesh

Thanks, Nimesh! A great improvement to include in a future version. 🙂

Regards,
António
0 Kudos
PaulLohr
Occasional Contributor III
If you build your query in ArcGIS Explorer online checking Prompt for value, the user can fill in a value in ArcGIS for iOS. The query appears in the search section of the app, under Predefined Searches. The user has to know what value to type in - there will be no place to pick from a list.

Is this what you were looking for?
0 Kudos
AntónioMarques
New Contributor II
If you build your query in ArcGIS Explorer online checking Prompt for value, the user can fill in a value in ArcGIS for iOS. The query appears in the search section of the app, under Predefined Searches. The user has to know what value to type in - there will be no place to pick from a list.

Is this what you were looking for?

That's excellent, Paul! That will do what i need! Thanks a lot!

Regards,
António
0 Kudos