Identify not working on point layers if there is a polygon layer in the MPK

03-04-2014 12:01 PM
Labels (1)
yonatanrubinstein
New Contributor III
Hi,

I have a app that was built in runtime by an outside programmer. As I'm the closest to the line of expertise I was asked to give my opinion on the app and maybe a few programming tips(regardless of me not having the source code).

It turns out that in the app I can load a mpk and show it's layers on a map and do an identify their data. However, when I load a mpk that has both a polygon layer and a point\line layer, an Identify returns only the polygon Info, but never the point or line info. At first I thought that the location of the feature layer within the MPK matters, and that I should move the polygon layer to the bottom, but this has no effect. I was told unofficially by the programmer that this is an ESRI bug, but I was wondering if there is a solution, do you know of any? thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
BKuiper
Occasional Contributor III
Download the free SDK from the ArcGIS Runtime website and install it, part of that SDK is a demo application which contains a Identify example. (See Search->IdentifyTask->Identify). It works on a layer containing cities and states and is able to do an identify on both sub layers of the MPK.

Your developer should have a look at that.
0 Kudos