Web Adaptor : Internal vs. External Web Apps

02-26-2014 07:43 AM
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III
We are getting ready to install the web adaptor in order to make a select group of Flex maps available externally.

The Web Adaptor configuration page says to enter the GIS Server URL and the web adaptor will "For GIS Server URL, type the URL to one of the GIS servers in your ArcGIS Server site. This URL will be used to discover all of the machines participating in your site and register them with the Web Adaptor."

What if we want one set of Flex maps to be Internal ONLY and one set to be EXTERNAL?

What is the configuration required to do that? It appears that if I point the Web Adaptor to my current INTERNAL ONLY GIS Server that everything I put there will be available through the adaptor?

Do I have to put my EXTERNAL Flex Maps on the Web Adaptor Server? Or (as I understood it) can I just point the Web Adaptor to a folder and tell it, those apps are EXTERNAL and everything else is INTERNAL ONLY...?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LeoDonahue
Occasional Contributor III
Took me awhile to find this, but you can secure internal and external services separately, assuming you are using IIS, as this example uses IIS.  IF you need a Java sample, just ask.

See this

I think the same concept applies to your situation.
0 Kudos