Graphic object with multiple polygon/polyline?

02-12-2014 09:17 PM
Labels (1)
LinaYap
New Contributor
Hi, I am new to both WPF and ESRI, thus would like to seek advice on the following problem...

I am drawing objects via freehand, the resulting polyline is then computed into a polygon and a line guide (something like a skeleton for the polygon).

These 2 geometry forms 2 different graphic object, which I had then plotted onto a graphic layer. However if I were to edit the geometry and move a mappoint - which belongs to both the polygon and line guide - and it would update both graphic? So far now, it can only edit a single graphic object. Many thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidLednik
Occasional Contributor II
Hi!

It's not possible to edit multiple features at the same time.
You would have to implement your own logic in code to automatically correct your edits to other geometry.

If your other geometry is always generated from the original one it would be best to just implement
some sort of recalculate after you finish editing.

If you can provide me with more details how the geometries are related I could suggest a possible scenario to make it work.
I did a similar thing years back when secondary geometries were calculated from a point and it's attribute values.

regards,
David
0 Kudos