Select to view content in your preferred language

Query Layer and ArcGIS Server and Javascript API

02-05-2014 12:48 PM
SteveMacLean
Emerging Contributor
Hi everyone,

I have a feature class that I want to join to a database view that contains related business data for the features on the map.  I want to expose this join as a feature service and dynamic map service in ArcGIS Server. 

I have tried creating a query layer based on a database view I created that joins the featureclass with the business table.   This seems to work fine in ArcMAP, however, when I expose the new feature in ArcGIS Server it doesn't seem to work.  I can add the new ArcGIS Server service to the map and it will display the features but when I do an identify on the features it doesn't come back with any data.    Additionally, when I try and utilize the new service in the ArcGIS Server Javascript API as a feature class it doesn't load any data at all.    It works fine when i access the web service that is hitting the raw feature class but not with the query layer.

I have also tried creating a MXD that does a regular JOIN to the business table.  However, doing it this way does not expose the attributes that should be included from the join.

There must be a way to do this and link to business tables to spatial tables.

I am using Oracle 11g Enterprise and ArcGIS Sever 10.2

Any help would be appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies