Override scale range in web service?

01-16-2014 07:09 AM
MaraKaminowitz
Occasional Contributor
I have a web service we have published in ArcServer and are trying to make a map from in AGOL.  The map service got published with a scale range set different than the one we would like to use on the map.  I can republish the service with the new scale range but we have already done a lot of work with pop-ups and other changes to the AGOL map.  The AGOL map does not refresh the changes to the service automatically, we'll have to add the service and start again.

Is there a setting either to AGOL or the web service that will allow us to override the scale range without having to redo the AGOL map?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
When editing the web map, you can override the scale visibility of the map service through the context menu on the layer (small arrow next to layer name). There is a scale visibility option. This will allow you to set the scale range *narrower* than that of the service. You can't set it beyond the values that the service supports.

I would think that you could just update your map service with the new scale range. If the layer in the web map doesn't update to reflect that range, go to scale visibility again and set it. It may be that your web map has overridden the default of the map service already.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos