GeoTagging several fields from one geo fence

01-08-2014 12:20 PM
MarkCollins
Occasional Contributor
I would like to "geo tag" several fields from a geo fence, not just the name. I have figured out how to get it to tag with the fence name, is it possible to tag a geo event with other fields from the geo fence as well?
5 Replies
VladislavPlechnoy
New Contributor III
Mark,

There are only two attributes that are available for enrichment by GeoTagger processor from any Geofence. They are �??Category�?? and �??Name�??. You really have only one option to choose from here whether you are going to output geofence �??Category�?? or not in the resulting GeoEvent.

Now, in order to get to the �??other fields from the geofence�?? you may use a Field Enricher processor. I assume that your geofences are coming from some feature layer that has attributes you want to use. If you tell me a little bit more about what you are trying to achieve I can come up with sample service setup for you.

-Vlad.
0 Kudos
MarkCollins
Occasional Contributor
Vlad,

Thank you for the reply. So here is my setup: I have two feature services, one contains my alerts / user entered items, the other feature service contains a layer of my geo fences.
The services have the following attribute fields:
Alerts

• CREATED

• PRIORITY

Geo Fence layer

• AreaID

• Region

• ManagerName

My target goal: When an alert occurs within one of the geofences I would like to append multiple fields from that geofence to the output (GeoEvent) of the GEP service. (So now the geo event would contain AreaID, Region, ManagerName, plus the existing alert attributes) I would then like to be able to insert those fields into the message body of an IM output using the "${FIELDNAME}" method.

Thanks,
Mark
0 Kudos
VladislavPlechnoy
New Contributor III
Mark,

Thank you for replying with more details back. I now better understand your use case�?�

Here is what I think you can try to do:

1) Import your geofences / setup geofence synchronization rule from the GeoFence layer so that �??Region�?? field value is used for geofence category and �??AreaID�?? for geofence name. Make sure �??AreaID�?? uniquely identifies a feature/geofence. You will need this in step 3) when you enrich your geoevent with missing attributes using Field Enricher (Feature Service) processor.

2) Use GeoTagger processor to geotag GeoEvent with geofence name (unique feature ID) first. GeoTagger is a Field Enricher that enriches GeoEvent with �??Category�?? AND|OR �??Name�?? of every geofence for which spatial operator is evaluated to true. For �??GeoTag Field Name�?? you can choose �??AreaID�??. For �??Include GeoFence Category in GeoTag�?? property select �??No�??. After this step is complete I expect you to have an Alert GeoEvent augmented with the new field 'AreaID' that holds the value of GeoFenceID that triggered. Next you are going to enrich this GeoEvent with missing attributes from the GeoFence layer.

3) Next you need to setup a Field Enricher (Feature Service) processor that connects to GeoFence layer and pulls missing attributes from it. For �??Feature Layer Join Field�?? property please use �??AreaID�??. Specify enrichment field names you are missing as a coma-separated list (Region, ManagerName). For �??GeoEvent Join Field�?? please use a field value added by GeoTagger in step 2) (�??AreaID�??) Name of this field is specified as part of GeoTagger processor configuration. See property labeled �??GeoTag Field Name�?? for details.

4) In result you should get an Alert GeoEvent with all three desired fields AreaID, Region, ManagerName added.

Please let me know if this worked for you.

-Vlad.
MarkCollins
Occasional Contributor
Vlad,

This worked! Thanks for the help. I am having an issue with my geofences not syncing right, but I made a separate forum post for that.

-Mark
0 Kudos
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor
Mark -

You might find some help with what you are trying to do if you review the following thread:
Overlapping" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/105319-Overlapping-geof... geofences with different attributes

- RJ
0 Kudos