Raster Field in the Attributes Table

01-08-2014 08:08 AM
AbdulahadMalik3
New Contributor
Hello,

I have a feature class that consists a raster field. There is a raster image for each record and there are about 500 records. The data came from field work.

I would like to export the feature class on to ArcGIS online with the raster field present in the attributes so when i click on an individual point it can show the raster image in the pop up window. What is the best way to do that? and has anyone done this before?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoshStearns2
New Contributor

Hello,

I also have this same situation.  Was there any solution for this?

I also tried a Attribute with HTML code for the image and that doesn't seem to work either.?

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I doubt that raster fields are supported in ArcGIS Online, but maybe  Bernie Szukalski‌ can enlighten us on this topic.

In case they are not supported, you could use some Python code to extract the rasters and store them on a server (or even dropbox) and create hyperlinks for each feature. The site below explains shortly how to export the rasters to files.

How to export your raster datasets referenced in a “raster” attribute field (file geodatabase) using...

Another option would be the use of attachments:

Configure pop-ups—Help | ArcGIS

Kind regards, Xander

0 Kudos
BraulioGalvez1
Esri Contributor

Hi.

Finally, The raster field are supported by ArcGIS Online? In ArcGIS Pro for example, this field is not compatible. I tried publish a table with a raster field and attachment, but just the attachment was publish, the raster field don't appear in the database, either the rasters (images) as seen, in ArcGIS Desktop.

Have you any other suggestions or backgroud about this?

Best regards!

Braulio.

0 Kudos