Style change in navigation control breaks rotation functionality

01-07-2014 12:57 AM
Labels (1)
Sai_PhaneendraPoludasu
New Contributor
I've tried changing the style of navigation control and that breaks the rotation functionality. Just opening navigation style template to edit breaks the rotation functionality. Can anyone guide how to edit the navigation control style without breaking any functionality.

Thanks in advance
Sai Phaneendra P
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Cristian_Galindo
Occasional Contributor III
have you got any results regarding this issue? I'm using the version 10.2.2, and it is still present, when I apply the style, rotation feature goes disable.
0 Kudos
Cristian_Galindo
Occasional Contributor III
Hi there!!!!

I think I found it

Digging inside the code of the toolkit, I found that in the process to apply the template, the object looks for an object called "TransformRotate" this object must be a RotateTransform instance.

I tried to add a new object of this type to the template, but it was rejected, because it was not a UIElement.

Looking carefully in the template I found that the Navigator already has an object of that kind:

<Grid x:Name="Navigator" Grid.Column="1" Height="125" Margin="3,0,0,0" RenderTransformOrigin="0.5,0.5" Width="125">
           <Grid.RenderTransform>
                                    <RotateTransform Angle="0"/>           
           </Grid.RenderTransform>

Soooooooo.....I decided to try to put the name of the object that is looked for:

<Grid x:Name="Navigator" Grid.Column="1" Height="125" Margin="3,0,0,0" RenderTransformOrigin="0.5,0.5" Width="125">
                                <Grid.RenderTransform>
                                    <RotateTransform x:Name="TransformRotate" Angle="0"/>
                                </Grid.RenderTransform>

Voila!!!!!! the rotation.. WORKS
0 Kudos