User Template Not Saving Page Layout Orientation

Jump to solution
12-20-2013 10:26 AM
JustinWest
New Contributor III
I am trying to create several layout templates for the sheet sizes that we use in our group. I have noticed a problem with the page layout not saving the properties with the .mxd. I can load the sheet as a normal map and the layout is fine but if I use the change layout button or select 'New' and select the template it will keep the sheet orientation of the last used user template. I do not have this problem with the ArcGIS provided templates only with the user created ones. Is anyone else having this problem or did I make an error with setting up the template?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JustinWest
New Contributor III

Cheryl,

I am looking through my messages to see if the answer is in there but since the update to the GeoNet it does not look like it was saved. If I remember correctly it was a setting in the "Page and Print Setup" with the page size selection. The "Use Printer Paper Settings" box was the issue. try that to see if it corrects your layout problem. Sorry I could not find the answer for you.

Respectfully,

Justin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JustinWest
New Contributor III
David,

That was exactly the problem. Thank you. Amazing how sometimes it is the little thing that gets you.
0 Kudos
CherylTrine
Occasional Contributor II

I know this is an old question, but it exactly describes my situation.  Unfortunately, the solution which the OP arrived at is not shown.  How is this problem solved?

Cheryl

0 Kudos
JustinWest
New Contributor III

Cheryl,

I am looking through my messages to see if the answer is in there but since the update to the GeoNet it does not look like it was saved. If I remember correctly it was a setting in the "Page and Print Setup" with the page size selection. The "Use Printer Paper Settings" box was the issue. try that to see if it corrects your layout problem. Sorry I could not find the answer for you.

Respectfully,

Justin

0 Kudos