SOE Debugging Not Working - ArcSOC.exe not in the Available Processes List

Jump to solution
12-17-2013 03:45 AM
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor
I developed a SOE project 2 months ago, and it worked well in debugging.  Now, I updated this project and wanted to debug it, but not successful.  I followed the procedure: Debugging SOEs using the Visual Studio debugger (in http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcobjects-net/conceptualhelp/index.html#/Debugging_server_objec...).  The procedure Step 7 states that 'In Visual Studio, click Tools > Attach to Process ...' and Step 8 states that 'Select the ArcSOC.exe process  ...'.  However, ArcSOC.exe is not in the Available Processes List.  I checked Task Manager and saw that 5 ArcSOC are started.  How can I add an ArcSOC.exe into the list?   Thanks in advance if you can help for this question.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor
Problem got solved with the following steps:
1) Re-start my CPU.
2) Re-compile the SOE project (may not be needed).
3) Re-deploy the SOE in Manager.
Then it got work.  Thread is to be closed.  Thanks for your visit.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor
In the Attach to Process wizard, after I checked on the 2 options (Show processes for all users and Show processes in all sessions), 5 ArcSOC.exe display in the Available List.  After selecting 1 of them, my project is in Debugging status.  However, I still could not step though the code.   Wish someone can hint me how to do.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor
Problem got solved with the following steps:
1) Re-start my CPU.
2) Re-compile the SOE project (may not be needed).
3) Re-deploy the SOE in Manager.
Then it got work.  Thread is to be closed.  Thanks for your visit.
0 Kudos