Can not save my web maps

12-13-2013 09:22 AM
XanderWang
New Contributor
I am unable to save my online maps which is created through ArcGIS Online service. I tried to click on the save menu. For the first and second times, there was no response. It popped up a window on the third click. After I entered necessary info and clicked the save button, it was showing "Saving map to my content", but it was stuck there and no response any more.

I did successfully save my maps about one week ago in the say way. But don't know why it is not working now. I guess there might be some problems with your servers?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
30 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
I don't know why saving didn't work for you. We have not been experiencing any issues. Perhaps there was an internet connection issue? If you continue to have problems, let us know.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
XanderWang
New Contributor
Hi Mike,

I have tried again but I got the same problem. Is this because there are many layers in my map?

I am not sure if it is the internet problem, I will try other networks later.

Thanks.

Xander

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29871[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
XanderWang
New Contributor
Hi Mike,

I have tried to save my online map through several computers, unfortunately I got the same results - no response at all.

I also noticed that the zoom slider of the map viewer (http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=####) now becomes into four buttons: + (zoom in), default extent, - (zoom out), find my location. I remembered that there was a slider before.

Thanks.

Xander
0 Kudos
StormySupiran
New Contributor
I am also having the same problem with my map online.  Every time I go to hit save, nothing happens and it just stays there.  I also notice it seems to lock the map up in the way that I can not select anything from the ArcGIS drop down menu.  I first noticed this problem last Thursday 12/12.  I have used this map for over a year with no problem till now.  Any insight into this would be helpful.

Thanks,
AlexValunet
0 Kudos
DanielEstrada
New Contributor II
I am also experiencing the inability to save my maps to AGOL. It takes several tries to even get the Save As dialog box to pop up and then it will not save but just get stuck in "Saving to my content."

I have tried cleaning the cache and restarting and nothing has cleared up.

Daniel
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
What kind of accounts do you have, public (free) account or subscription?
What browser and version are you using?
Are you editing existing web maps or creating new ones?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
StormySupiran
New Contributor
It's a subscription account
I'm using Google Chrome Version 31.0.1650.63 m
and editing an existing map that I created.

Thanks,
Alexvalunet
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Alexvalunet,

Any chance you can share your map with everyone and post the URL here?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
JerryGarcia1
Occasional Contributor II
I am having the same problem. Tried on several different computers.  Also can not navigate to my content or my groups.
0 Kudos