Select to view content in your preferred language

Shortest Path Problems

07-08-2010 12:13 PM
ElizabethYang
New Contributor
Dear all,
I am currently working on a project that is supposed to calculate the least cost path for bicyclists in the greater Austin metropolitan area in Texas. What I have done so far is convert the vector dataset, the highways, into a raster dataset based on the BCI, which is the bicycle compatibility index for the roads. After this, I reclassify the raster dataset into the BCI classifications, of which there are six, but as soon as I do this, almost all the raster data turns into a single color. I tried to avoid this issue by putting the original, non-reclassified raster dataset into the cost path parameters for in_cost_distance_raster and the in_cost_backlink_raster. (The feature destination is the highway layer, and the destination field are the centerpoints of each traffic analysis zone within the counties.) Whenever the results display, I get a color gradient that shifts from heavy at the top of the map to light at the bottom. Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this problem, or how to fix it? I have run it several times, and this continually happens.
Thanks,
Liz
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies