Select to view content in your preferred language

Why is ArcGis Server 10.2 insisting on installing the logs folder to the c drive?

12-10-2013 04:55 AM
MichaelBlom
Deactivated User
Please help.

I have directed the config-store and the directories folders to be placed on the e drive (e:\arcgisserver\...), but there is nowhere to specify the logs folder location, and the installers insist in defaulting to c:\arcgisserver\ which does not exist (and cannot be written to anyhow).

Thanks for any advice.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
Using ArcCatalog, create a connection to your ArcGIS Server as an Administrator and then right click it; then select Server Properties. 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29718[/ATTACH]

Change the path specified under the Logs path and click Apply and OK.
0 Kudos
MichaelBlom
Deactivated User
Yes, good tip Will.  I guess I could also create the arcgis-logsettings.json file

{"logDir":"e:\\arcgisserver\\logs\\","logLevel":"WARNING","maxErrorReportsCount":10,"maxLogFileAge":90,"usageMeteringEnabled":false}

in the e:\arcgisserver\config-store folder, and manually create the logs folder in e:\arcgisserver where it should be.

But still unclear as to why the installer allows me to point a the e drive for config-store and directories, but insists on the c drive for the logs folder.
0 Kudos
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
I agree with you.  This could very well be a bug, too.  At the very least, the step I provided to you should suffice to re-point your log output to the desired folder once installation is complete.  You may need to restart the ArcGIS for Server service in addition to what we discussed.
0 Kudos