AnsweredAssumed Answered

Trying to create a spatial reference - crashing

Question asked by deleted-user-VeC5jUIlNXtq on Dec 9, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 10, 2013 by deleted-user-VeC5jUIlNXtq
Hey folks,

I'm at a loss as to what's going on. This code (from what I can remember) was working before I left on Friday, yet this morning during testing I'm getting a crash.

Quick explanation, it's part of a larger program to convert a GPX file into a feature class in a file geodatabase. Everything is great except when I try to determine the point's UTM coordinates. For those familiar, I'm in Canada where we use the dominion land survey. Long story short W4M = UTM Zone 12, W5M (and part of 6) is Zone 11. The code loops through the point and determines a bunch of locational information such as decimal degrees, the LSD-SEC-TWP ... etc...

Here's the troublesome code:

Dim pPCS As IProjectedCoordinateSystem             Dim pSRFactory As ISpatialReferenceFactory2             Dim pSpatialReference As ISpatialReference             Dim pGeometry As IGeometry             Dim pGeogPoint As IPoint              pSRFactory = New SpatialReferenceEnvironment              If iMer = 4 Then                 pPCS = pSRFactory.CreateProjectedCoordinateSystem(ESRI.ArcGIS.Geometry.esriSRProjCSType.esriSRProjCS_NAD1983UTM_12N)                 sZone = "12U"             ElseIf iMer = 5 Or iMer = 6 Then                 pPCS = pSRFactory.CreateProjectedCoordinateSystem(ESRI.ArcGIS.Geometry.esriSRProjCSType.esriSRProjCS_NAD1983UTM_11N)                 sZone = "11U"             Else                 pPCS = Nothing                 sZone = "xxx"             End If              pSpatialReference = pPCS             pSpatialReference.SetFalseOriginAndUnits(200000, 4000000, 100)              pGeogPoint = pFreshPoint             pGeometry = pGeogPoint             pGeometry.Project(pSpatialReference)

From what I can see, it makes it to my If statement, then crashes. I think the problem is the "pPCS = pSRFactory.CreateProjectedCoordinateSystem" line.

I can't see what I'm doing wrong, all the snippets I've seen, have similar code setup. Any sort of help is much appreciated.

Edit: pFreshPoint is a point feature (we're currently in a larger Do loop to run through the points and perform this to each point). Let me know if more info is required.

Outcomes