AnsweredAssumed Answered

Import from GeoDB in Oracle 11g fails (ERROR 000372)

Question asked by innosystec on Nov 25, 2013
Latest reply on Nov 30, 2013 by vangelo-esristaff
Hello,

I'm trying to import feature classes from a GeoDB (file GeoDB from an ArcGIS 9.3 System) in Oracle 11g (11.2.0.3).
For the import itself I'm using a python script which uses the "FeatureClassToFeatureClass_conversion" from "arcgisscripting" to copy my feature classes from my
GeoDB as source to my database connector as target (I'm using direct DB connection, no SDE-Service).
I already used that script with ArcGIs 9.3 and the import was successful.
Now with ArcGIS 10.1 I got ERROR 000372 at most feature classes when trying to import them.

I only have a EDN Licence with base function in ArcEditor, so I can't use most of tools in ArcEditor
and have to build my own python scripts and run them on my ArcGIS Server (With Advanced Licence).

Steps I have done:

1.) Upgraded GeoDB from 9.3 to 10.1 via System-Toolbox in ArcEditor
2.) Created Spatial Type in Oracle DB with a script from:
http://resources.arcgis.com/de/help/main/10.1/index.html#//019v0000000z000000
3.) Setup Enterprise GeoDB in Oracle DB with a script from:
http://resources.arcgis.com/de/help/main/10.1/index.html#//001700000162000000
4.) Successfully tested ST_GEOMETRY installation with "select ST_AsText(ST_Geometry('POINT (10 10)', 0)) from dual;" as SDE user
5.) Created user to import GeoDB into
6.) Successfully tested connection from Oracle clients on GIS-Server and GIS-Client
7.) Executed my python script to import features classes into my Oracle DB and got ERROR 000372 at most feature classes

What I have already tried:

* Recalculate default grid index via System-Toolbox with environment set to gridsize 1: 70k, gridsize 2: 210k, gridsize 3: 630k
(I read in the help that gridsize 2, should be gridsize 1 multiply with 3 and gridsize 3 is gridsize 2 multiply with 3)
* Verified that no feature classes with duplicate name are already in my Oracle DB (I read that this could also trigger ERROR 000372)
* Verified that there is enough TABLESPACE Size left for import
* Re-Created index in GeoDB
* Deleted index in GeoDB (with the idea to re-create it after import in Oracle DB)
* Created new file GeoDB, imported data from the GeoDB to import and tried to import the new GeoDB.

Thanks for reading and i hope you can help me

Outcomes