PHP or Python? For web application development

Jump to solution
11-23-2013 09:38 AM
BenJamin
New Contributor
Hi folks,
I would like to try web development. I have been researching different languages.
Many of them suggested Python and PHP.
I know little about PHP. But coming to Python I don't rightly know.
Please tell me which platform I can choose Python or PHP?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KelvinJohn
New Contributor
Howdy,

Python can handle large number some 100,000 users at a time, much secure compare to php.

Python is preferable upto my knowledge.

Have a view on those links, quite interesting

http://xgbook.com/article.php?id=698871

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
YeduS
by
New Contributor
Hello,

Compare to python PHP is best to do web application development.

As of my knowledge

PHP is a server scripting language, and is a powerful tool for making dynamic and interactive Web pages quickly.

Please choose PHP and easy to do your web application.....enjoy....

Cheers,
Kondalu.S
0 Kudos
KelvinJohn
New Contributor
Howdy,

Python can handle large number some 100,000 users at a time, much secure compare to php.

Python is preferable upto my knowledge.

Have a view on those links, quite interesting

http://xgbook.com/article.php?id=698871
0 Kudos
BenJamin
New Contributor
Hai kondalu,

I agree with your point. But at this initial stage I think I can go with python. Python will be easy for the beginners. Most of the ranked websites are developed by python. Like Pinterest, Reddit, Instagram are developed by python right...??

And also thanks to kelvin. I read that article. Got many information about python and that web development company services are nice... 🙂
0 Kudos
marksimon
New Contributor
There is no question that PHP is extremely popular; in fact, it's currently the most popular open source programming language. There are always PHP developers available and there are always PHP jobs around. And this demand generally translates into a large pool of developers that can be tapped into when you want to expand your team.

Python has never been that popular. However, counter intuitively, its lack of popularity compared to PHP can sometimes be a strength. Python developers may be somewhat rarer, but I've found they are often of much higher quality. While I'm sure there are some bad Python developers out there in the market, I have never had a job interview with one of them. I would love to be able to say the same thing about PHP developers.

On a purely personal level, I'm left with the overriding feeling that PHP is like Play-Doh. You can make anything you want out of it, but at the end of the day it's still made out of Play-Doh.
AISTechnolabs
New Contributor

PHP and Python are popular choices for web app development. PHP's simplicity and vast online resources foster a supportive community. Python's clean syntax and rich libraries make development efficient. Both languages empower developers to create dynamic and engaging web applications. Choose based on familiarity and project needs.

0 Kudos