Adding to an existing Schematic

Jump to solution
10-31-2013 01:50 PM
MatthewReynolds
New Contributor
Pretty new to Schematics...Wondering if someone can give my a pointer on how to had a new feature to an existing schematic.  For example, I have a  schematic with symbologies applied and realize there is another feature needed in the diagram e.g. valves.  How is this added without having to re-generate the schematic?

THanks..
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III
You probably just need to 'fix' your schematic dataset definitions so it includes this new class (import feature class), then in the map, you need to select the new features and run the Update > Append on the diagram.  This leaves all existing schematic features in the last saved locations, but brings in the newly appended items in their correct geographic positions.  Then just edit those new features as desired.

On our resource center, you will find serveral videos that would probably be worth your time to watch and understand.  It sounds like you probably are using a geometric network, so watch these 2 at least:
1. Create and Edit a Schematic Dataset
2. Configuring the Standard Builder

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III
You probably just need to 'fix' your schematic dataset definitions so it includes this new class (import feature class), then in the map, you need to select the new features and run the Update > Append on the diagram.  This leaves all existing schematic features in the last saved locations, but brings in the newly appended items in their correct geographic positions.  Then just edit those new features as desired.

On our resource center, you will find serveral videos that would probably be worth your time to watch and understand.  It sounds like you probably are using a geometric network, so watch these 2 at least:
1. Create and Edit a Schematic Dataset
2. Configuring the Standard Builder
0 Kudos
MatthewReynolds
New Contributor
Adding the new features to my geometric network and using "append" in the schematic worked.  Thanks, I appreciate your help on this.
0 Kudos