Basic Viewer template error: conflict between editor and measure tool

10-18-2013 03:47 AM
enricobonansea
Occasional Contributor
We experienced this problem in the apps that we created using the basic viewer template:
if you are editing a feature service (editor panel active and attribute popup open) and you use one of the measuremenet tool (Area or lenght), the edi pop up closes and after closing the measurement widget yo can't do no more edits beacuse you can only open the popup in view mode.
we did't add any customizatione to the template, only some look and feel touch (logos and color) .

any info, suggestion or workoround is very appreciated

thank you
enrico
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
IanWittenmyer
Esri Contributor
after closing the measurement widget yo can't do no more edits beacuse you can only open the popup in view mode.

Based on your description of the popup only being able to open in view mode, my first thought is that the feature service you are working is configured to only allow create feature and thus does not have updated feature enabled.  Can you check that the service properties to confirm that it has update enable?
0 Kudos
enricobonansea
Occasional Contributor
Based on your description of the popup only being able to open in view mode, my first thought is that the feature service you are working is configured to only allow create feature and thus does not have updated feature enabled.  Can you check that the service properties to confirm that it has update enable?

Thank you, Ian: I checked and the feature service has every capabilituies enabled (create, detele, update etc).

I tried also to do the same process (set editor mode, take a measurement , open the attribute popup editor) in the arcgis.com viewer (non the basic viewer web app) and it works.

This is  the reason why i suppose that the problem  is somewhere in the the basic viewer application.

thanks
0 Kudos