Setting Up Internal JavaScript Configuration

10-16-2013 06:41 AM
BenYoungs
New Contributor II
I've been trying to configure our rest-config to utilize an internal JavaScript API setup on a 10.2 server instance using the Web Adaptor for Tomcat with no luck.

I've changed the rest-config.properties file for the internal Tomcat instance for jsapi.arcgis and jsapi.arcgis.css, restarted the Tomcat service, and I'm still not having any luck viewing services in JS viewer. I've also tried to change the ArcGIS.com URL to an internal portal instance with no success. The REST services directory continues to display "ArcGIS.com Map". If I pull those URLs into a browser they come up with no issues.

Is there a trick to getting this to work properly at 10.2?

Additionally, would there be any drawbacks to simply modifying the internal Tomcat instance to run over port 80 and to uninstall the web adaptor and the second Tomcat instance? Seems like that may be a cleaner way to do things if there are no other webapps currently deployed on that system.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
PF1
by
Occasional Contributor II
I've been trying to configure our rest-config to utilize an internal JavaScript API setup on a 10.2 server instance using the Web Adaptor for Tomcat with no luck.

I've changed the rest-config.properties file for the internal Tomcat instance for jsapi.arcgis and jsapi.arcgis.css, restarted the Tomcat service, and I'm still not having any luck viewing services in JS viewer. I've also tried to change the ArcGIS.com URL to an internal portal instance with no success. The REST services directory continues to display "ArcGIS.com Map". If I pull those URLs into a browser they come up with no issues.

Is there a trick to getting this to work properly at 10.2?

I have the same issue.  I am running Esri ArcGIS Server 10.1 with 2 web-adaptors and 4 gis servers.  I updated the rest-config.properties file for each server, re-started (stopped, started) the machines from the https://host/arcgis/manager console and it is still sending the 'view in: arcgis.com map' to http://arcgis.com

we have deployed on on-premise portal solution and want to change that URL to our internal DNS alias.  Thanks for any advise/feedback...
0 Kudos
PF1
by
Occasional Contributor II
OK... I've got it figured out.  Had to re-start it harder! 🙂

I only stopped the machine from the arcgis manager console, that did not seem to work.  I physically logged into the windows server, and re-started the 'ArcGIS Server' windows NT service on each machine.  Now it is correctly sending my 'view in: arcgis.com' link to our on-premise deployment of the portal solution.  I'm running in a windows 2008 R2 environment.  Best of luck!
0 Kudos