license problem when run my application (after porting)

10-16-2013 05:36 AM
IvanoIerace
New Contributor
Hi all,

I've just finish a porting from ArcGis 9.3 to ArcGis 10.1 of an application. The building is ok, but when I run it this error message appears:

"LicenseUtilities::InitializeApp  Unable to initialize ArcObjects (No appropriate licence available)"

In my ArcGIS Administrator all license are available and the registration was without problems.

To complete the information the porting of my application, start from an environment with Win XP SP3 - VS 2005 -ArcGIS 9.3  to
Win 7 (32bit) - VS 2010 SP1 - ArcGIS 10.1. In the old environment the application works correctly, without license problems.

What should I check/set?

thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlexanderGray
Occasional Contributor III
new in arcgis 10 is binding to the product in addition to getting a license.  Look at the runtimeManager class.
0 Kudos
IvanoIerace
New Contributor
new in arcgis 10 is binding to the product in addition to getting a license.  Look at the runtimeManager class.

Alexander thanks.

In my previous post I forgot  write that the application was develop in c++ language (sorry). I known the binding is necessary
for .NET application .

At this point I suppose there is a similar action for cross-platform c++, or not?

regards
Ivano
0 Kudos
AlexanderGray
Occasional Contributor III
0 Kudos
ScottKutz
New Contributor II
iierace,

The link below may also be of some use for binding from the Visual C++ environment:

ArcObjects runtime binding for VC++ developers
http://help.arcgis.com/en/sdk/10.0/arcobjects_net/conceptualhelp/index.html#//000100000nmm000000

Scott
0 Kudos