Select to view content in your preferred language

How to get the relationship of Relationship class by ArcGIS server SOAP API ?

10-16-2013 05:12 AM
irontang
Emerging Contributor
As the title, Is it supported in ArcGIS Server 10 or 10.1?  Currently, I can get MapLayerInfo and StandaloneTableInfos by mapserver proxy class,but there is only a few Properties(Name,RelatedTableId,RelationshipId) in RelatedInfos. I don't know how to get the KeyField and ForeignKey Field in Relationship Class.  Does anyone give any suggest for it?
Enviroment: VS2010,  ArcGIS Serve 10.1(Esri.ArcGIS.ADF.Server.dll)

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor
at 10, you can't get KeyField and ForeignKey Field from a relationship class.

(if I'm not mistaken) starting at 10.1, those additional information including cardinality are exposed in MapServer SOAP API's RelateInfo type.

click this link http://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/services/Census/MapServer?wsdl and look for RelateInfo type.
0 Kudos
irontang
Emerging Contributor
at 10, you can't get KeyField and ForeignKey Field from a relationship class.

(if I'm not mistaken) starting at 10.1, those additional information including cardinality are exposed in MapServer SOAP API's RelateInfo type.

click this link http://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/services/Census/MapServer?wsdl and look for RelateInfo type.

Thanks for your friendly answer. I have seen that all of properties are listed by document of Esri in SOAP API, but it's very tricky that there are only three properties (Name, RelatedTableId, RelationshipId) under the Esri.ArcGIS.ADF.ArcGISServer.RelateInfo class.  we can't get the values of KeyFields and others in 10 and 10.1.  Maybe this is a know issue or Bug.
I have to use Rest API to get the values for the workaround currently.

Best Regards
0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor
I have to use Rest API to get the values for the workaround currently.

yes, that is one workaround.

As you know, you can always use Visual Studio (or other development environment) to create proxy classes using the map service wsdl (e.g. the link I provided earlier) and then use those proxy classes in your code.
0 Kudos
irontang
Emerging Contributor
OK, I will try this.
😮 By the way , I don't know how to mark this question as answered.
Thanks you sincerely.
0 Kudos