Select to view content in your preferred language

Could not load file or assembly 'ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.Local, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neu

10-12-2013 09:59 AM
kju
by
Regular Contributor
What is the question?
I download a App. from the internet,open it with 10.1 and it shows the error when running:
Could not load file or assembly 'ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.Local, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fc3cc631e44ad86' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified

I have load the "version,ADF assembly" and all of the .dll assembly property(Specified Verson) is not set to "True".
Of course I have install the SDK,even the Engine.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RichardWatson
Deactivated User
What application are you running?

It appears that the application that you are running was built against version 10 and you are running it against 10.1.  Doing that is possible of you use assembly binding redirects.  See ArcMap.exe.config for an example of how they do this.

Another alternative is to rebuild the application on 10.1 but that assumes that you have the source code for it.

When you add a reference to an assembly in Visual Studio there is a property which allows you to indicate whether or not the reference is version specific.  This relates to what the project will build against.  This is often confused with what it will run against.  If you have a project with version specific set to false then it will build against 10 or 10.1.  If you build it against 10 then it will require 10.  If you build it against 10.1 then it will require 10.1.
0 Kudos