AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem with where clause and Update Cursor

Question asked by daviddenham on Sep 20, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 25, 2013 by daviddenham
I am working on a script that will allow users to select a project from a pull down list in the tool and then update the status.  I am using an update cursor with a where clause to update the attributes for all of the polygons with the same name.  When I try to run the script I get an error message that the where clause is not a string. Here is the code the where clause is in bold:

# Import arcpy and date time module import arcpy import datetime   # Local variables: today = datetime.date.today() mxd = arcpy.mapping.MapDocument("CURRENT") df = arcpy.mapping.ListDataFrames(mxd, "Layers") [0] parcels = arcpy.mapping.ListLayers(mxd, "Parcels", df) [0]   # Geting user input for project name, status, type, submital date and planner name ProjectName = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(0) ProjStatus = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(2) SubmitDate = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(1) DevelopeType = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(3) PlannerName = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(4)   PlanningProjectTracking = "C:\\David Projects\\Planning Project Tracking\\PythonProjectTracking.mdb\\PlanningProjectTracking"   whereClause = "[ProjectName] = '{0}'".format(ProjectName)   #Used update cursor to create update project tracking records. Ucursor = arcpy.da.UpdateCursor(PlanningProjectTracking, whereClause, ["PROJECTNAME","STATUS","SUBMITTALDATE","DEVELOPEMENTTYPE","PLANNER","EDITDATE"]) for row in Ucursor:    row.setValue (ProjectName,ProjStatus,SubmitDate,DevelopeType,PlannerName,today)    Ucursor.updateRow(row) arcpy.RefreshActiveView()

Outcomes