twitter status content filter

09-16-2013 03:03 PM
GerardoBoquin
New Contributor II
I am trying to refine a twitter status content filter to identify certain words.
Can any body provide some guidance on how to do that  in the input configuration?
I am looking to configure certain words-2 or 3- for a twitter filter test. lets say I am looking for  particular types of SUV's, say "Honda Pilot or Chevy Traverse"

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MorakotPilouk
Esri Contributor
The list of keywords can be entered into the text input box next to the Track: label using comma(s) to separate them. No need to put quotes around these keywords. One can enter "Honda Pilot, Chevy Traverse, IPhone 5S" (no quotes). Twitter site at <https://dev.twitter.com/docs/streaming-apis/parameters#track> elaborates the usage in great details. Here's an excerpt from the page:

"A comma-separated list of phrases which will be used to determine what Tweets will be delivered on the stream. A phrase may be one or more terms separated by spaces, and a phrase will match if all of the terms in the phrase are present in the Tweet, regardless of order and ignoring case. By this model, you can think of commas as logical ORs, while spaces are equivalent to logical ANDs (e.g. �??the twitter�?? is the AND twitter, and �??the,twitter�?? is the OR twitter)."
0 Kudos