Can no longer deploy an adapter

09-13-2013 11:17 AM
KenGorton
Esri Contributor
Can anyone offer a suggestion as to how to resolve the following?
While writing an adapter over the past several days, just today I started getting an error while deploying the jar. The adapter no longer shows up in the list of adapters in GEP Manager. If I bounce the GEP service, once it is restarted I cannot launch Manager (says "No service was found") unless I first delete my jar from the deploy folder and restart the GEP service.

If I debug while deploying the jar, the first lines in the console are these:

ERROR: Bundle com.esri.ges.registry.internal-adapter-registry [269] EventDispatcher: Error during dispatch. (java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.EOFException: No content to map to Object due to end
of input)
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.EOFException: No content to map to Object due to end of input.

The exception apparently gets thrown after the XmlAdapterDefinition gets created in the AdapterService constructor but before the createAdapter() method gets called.

Anyone have an idea about this?

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JavierDelgadillo
Esri Contributor
Ken,

Can you look at the XML for your Adapter Definition and make sure it's well-formed?  The EOFException makes me think the XML parser was looking for more content as it tried to parse the XML.

Once we figure out what is causing loading of the adapter to fail, we can figure out why the GEP service won't start correctly.

-Javier
0 Kudos