Bing Map Tile Layer with Proxy

09-12-2013 01:38 AM
Labels (1)
NigelMacLucas1
New Contributor
I have added a bing map layer to my app using a basic key from Microsoft

<bing:TileLayer ID="BingLayerAerial" LayerStyle="AerialWithLabels" Token="my key here"/>

When I start the app when I'm behind a proxy server I get an error

"ProtocolException was Unhandled"
"The remote server returned an unexpected response (417) Expectation Failed"

When I use the app on a network with no proxy required, it works fine.

If I comment the bing layer out and add some sample online content instead.

<esri:ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer ID="StreetMapLayer"
                Url="http://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Street_Map/MapServer"/>
            <esri:ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer ID="DynamicLayer" Url="http://sampleserver3.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Earthquakes/RecentEarthquakesRendered/Map..."/>

Everything works fine, the app downloads all content no problem.

Are there special proxy settings for Bing Map Tile Layers?

Nigel
0 Kudos
1 Reply
NigelMacLucas1
New Contributor
I ran the Bing Map sample from the SDK Samples. Fails with the same error. Here is the crash dump

Sample: BingImagery
Error: The remote server returned an unexpected response: (417) Expectation failed.
  Inner: The remote server returned an unexpected response: (417) Expectation failed.
Stack Trace:

Server stack trace:
   at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.SendAsyncResult.End(SendAsyncResult result)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndCall(String action, Object[] outs, IAsyncResult result)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeEndService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Layer.OnInitializationFailed(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Hope this provides some help to diagnosing the problem

Nigel
0 Kudos