Reference cases build with ArcGIS Runtime for WPF

09-11-2013 05:24 AM
Labels (1)
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,

I have noticed that it is hard to find references that is build with ArcGIS Runtime for WPF. I would love to hear what you have pulled together and how was it. Ofc, we would like to have references also from sales perspective but also from technological side ie. solutions with ûber offline capabilities or some ninja-integrated software with other products.

So if you have any good sites/products/companies that we should look at, please let us know! (ps. Esri folks too!)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
EdVergara
New Contributor
I was hoping there would be a plethora of responses here. 

We have a sister company who's been using the Runtime SDK to upgrade their Computer Aided Dispatch system.  Right now they pull the map online.  However, they're finding out that most of their customers (if not all) do not particular care to have their dispatch system online.

As for my company's application, we're working on developing a Surveillance Command and Control system for high value assets.  These customers do not and will not have their workstations/servers on the internet.  Which means the base map, etc has to be local.  As a newbie in the GIS and more specifically, ESRI, it's been a battle trying to find the necessary information for me to get started.  I have gathered a lot of information as what things are but I haven't really seen something that takes you from the beginning. 

For example, I'm struggling with how to create a Tile Package using ArcMap that I can use in the SDK.  I needed to do a snippet of an area of the map and use that as my base map.  Typically these areas are 1-2 square kilometers.  Using the Tile Package example code, my map was blank.  However, one of the 6 layers (shapefiles) did show up.  The rest of the layers did not show up; neither did the map.

Anyway, you look like an expert in ESRI.  Perhaps you could write in your blog on how to get started from creating a local map to integrating with the SDK.
0 Kudos
BKuiper
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,

We are developing the second generation of AEDT (http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/apl/research/models/aedt/) using ArcGIS Runtime for WPF. We haved moved away from Engine due to 32 bits restrictions and high license costs for Engine.

So far we are able to do the most stuff that we need, although we are still working with Esri to solve issues regarding getting elevation data from rasters.

The AEDT application will mostly be used offline, as a stand alone application, so no sync of data. In other words, a pretty simple use case.

the final product is not yet available and the specific date for release is not yet set, so i can't provide you more details or even promise you that the final product will be using ArcGIS Runtime for WPF, but yes, we are currently using it and it is expected to make it in the final product.
0 Kudos