AGOL support for symbol rotation

08-30-2013 06:04 AM
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor
Greetings all,

I have a layer in a map document which represent wind speed and direction.  The direction is indicated by the direction of an arrow symbol which is uses attribute values to set the angle of rotation.  When I publish the dataset as a feature service, the rotation is not being honoured; all arrows point in the same direction.

Does any one know if it is possible to do this OOTB in AGOL, or would I have to resort to using one of the APIs?  Also, are there any plans to implement this in future releases of AGOL?

Many thanks in advance for any replies.
Miguel
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
This is something we're working on, to be able to take the expression from Arcmap and render symbols accordingly. The APIs currently do support a simple rotation of a symbol, but not based on an expression, like from a field value. You might be able to write something yourself to do so...but I couldn't tell you how.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor
Greetings Mike,

Many thanks for the response.  Would you happen to know when would we be likely to see this functionality implemented?
Miguel
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
It's being implemented in the API first. Then a UX in arcgis.com. I'd say you should see something in the API within the next 3-6 months...no guarantees though.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos