Least-cost Path Error

08-07-2013 11:23 AM
KatrinaP
New Contributor
Hello GIS wizards,

I am trying to run the Least-cost Paths function within the Landscape genetics toolbox. Every time I run it, the toolbox creates source grids, cost-distance grids, and backlink grids, but then I get an error message after the "Creating least-cost paths" line that says:

ERROR 010004: All cells in Raster c:\....\b0 have the NODATA value. Stop execution.
ERROR 010067: Error in executing grid expression.
Failed to execute (CostPath).
Failed to execute (LeastCostPath).

I was also receiving this error previously when I ran the LCP on a different part of the landscape but when I closed ArcGIS and tried running it again, the LCP worked properly. For this current landscape, the LCP does not work ever. I cannot figure out if it is a "nonsense" error (since I was receiving it before) or if there is something wrong with my points or friction surface (although both definitely have data). This current landscape does have many more points than the previous one although the spatial extent is almost the same.

Thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
the points may be surrounded by NODATA cells causing it to fail, examine your raster and your cost grid to ensure this isn't the case
0 Kudos
KatrinaP
New Contributor
Thank you for the suggestion. My input friction surface is fine, however, the b and s grids (I am assuming these are the backlink and source grids) that have been generated by the toolbox are empty. They do not have a "NoData" value, they just don't have any data in them. I suppose my next step should be to try running the LCP manually (with a script) rather than trying to rely on the landscape genetics toolbox.
0 Kudos